Fundraising Initiatives for Whittier are run by the PTA. We are budgeting for an average tax deductible donation of at least $300 per child. We believe that 100% participation is crucial and encourage you to give what feels comfortable to your family, whether that’s $1 or thousands! Below are the different ways you can contribute.
- Pledge Drive: The annual pledge drive is the direct-ask for money that pays for resources instrumental to keeping Whittier International Elementary the school it is. Please make sure to check with your employer whether they have a matching program for charitable contributions! You can make a donation by: 1. Bringing a check (made out to Whittier International PTA) or cash (in an envelope with your name and “Whittier PTA Pledge Drive” on it) 2. Online through our secure payment system at http://wildcatspta.org. Our goal is to raise up to $50,000 through the pledge drive and to have 100% participation from parents!
- Silent Auction: Whittier parents host this adult-only fun night out in September. Enjoy food and drinks while socializing with our community and bidding on the great auction items. Past auction items included: your child being Principal for the day, outings for your child with their favorite teachers, trips, fun events for you and your friends, tickets to professional sporting events, gift certificates to your favorite restaurants, spa treatments, and much more! Free babysitting is available at Whittier while you enjoy a night out and support two wonderful causes! The rest of the money raised from this event goes directly to supporting Whittier International!
- Garden Tour: Whittier parents organize this incredible annual fundraising event that has been held since 2002 on the first Saturday in June. This treasured Boulder tradition is open to the public. The tour draws a large number of people from in and around Boulder to tour 7-8 private gardens in the Mapleton Hill neighborhood. Through donations, sponsorships, and ticket sales we raise more than 30% of our total fundraising goal! This event requires a lot of help so contact PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or sign up on HelpAtSchool.org!
While the above 3 fundraising events comprise our main efforts, we also offer other opportunities for families that we hope make it easy to give back!
- Company Match: Many Companies Match Charitable Contributions - Does Yours? Many employers will match an employee’s charitable contribution up to 100%. Some companies even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. Please be sure to check with your company to see if this is a benefit you can take advantage of, increasing your substantial support to Whittier. Use this link to check! http://www.matchinggifts.com/unh/
- Whittier Family Nights Out: Several local restaurants partner with Whittier PTA for these fun evenings out. You will receive communication about a night out on a given date at a set restaurant (we have several of these each year). Simply have dinner out that night at the restaurant, mention Whittier Elementary and the restaurant will donate a portion (some donate 50%) of what you spend to Whittier. On these nights, you are: ● Having a fun night out with your family ● Not having to cook or clean up ● “Bumping” into other Whittier families/friends ● Giving back to our school
- Grocery Cards:
King Soopers: Everyone needs groceries and gas, why not get 5% of your purchases donated to our school? It is as easy as: LINK–>SHOP! Create a digital account: A digital account is needed to participate in King Soopers Community Rewards. If you already have a digital account, simply go online to link your Shopper’s Card to the Whittier PTA here. After linking your card online, shop at King Soopers and swipe your SooperCard (or enter Alt ID such as your phone number) as usual, and 5% of your purchase will be donated to Whittier Elementary School. Please encourage family and friends to link their King SooperCard online. Each time we reach $5,000 as a group, King Soopers sends a 5% check to our PTO! There is no cost to you and our children will reap the benefits!
Safeway Neighborhood Reward Program: For every dollar you load onto your grocery card, 5% will be donated to our school! Purchase a $10 Safeway grocery card from the PTA. ● At the checkout counter, BEFORE GROCERY SCANNING BEGINS, ask the cashier to RELOAD (add value) to your card (using cash/check/credit card) for up to $500. ● Use the loaded gift card to pay for your groceries. ● Whittier receives 5% from Safeway for every dollar you spend using your card. ● Keep your gift card and continue to reload the card at each shopping trip.
Alfalfa's School Rebate Card: Get a school rebate card and 5% of what you spend at Alfalfa's Market will be donated to our school! Fill out their school rebate card form requesting an Alfalfa’s school rebate card. Drop off this form at Alfalfa’s customer service, or email it to Marketing@Alfalfas.com. You will be able to pick up your rebate card at Alfalfa’s customer service within 5 days. Please note, new card orders may take up to five business days. You must present your Alfalfa’s School Rebate Card to the cashier before you complete checking out for the cash back to be applied to our school.
- Amazon Smile: Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Whittier. Visit smile.amazon.com. Go to Pick your own charitable organization. Type in “Whittier International School Boulder CO”. SELECT Whittier International School PTA Boulder, CO. Make sure to check out through Amazon Smile each time you shop.
- Grandrabbit’s Toy Store: Grandrabbit’s Toy Store, a local Boulder business located 2525 Arapahoe Ave. offers a Grandrabbit’s Bunny Bucks program which donates 5% of your purchase to the school of your choice. Just be sure to mention Whittier School at the register. In January a gift card is issued which can be redeemed by teachers for toys, books and enrichment materials for their classrooms.