• June 8th, July 7th, August 12th 4:30-6pm - Kinder & New Family Playdates (all are welcome) - Whittier School Yard
• August 9 - Main office open Monday thru Friday (7:15 am-3:30pm)
• August 13 - Infinite Campus Parent Portal announces teachers for Grades KG - 5 at 4 pm
• August 16 - Back To School Night & Meet Your Teacher Grades KG-5 (4 - 6pm)
• August 18 - First Day of School for Grades 1 - 5 Students
• August 18 & 19 Kindergarten Staggered Start (Last names starting A-K on 18th, L-Z on 19th)
The 2021-2022 Year Whittier Calendar can be found at: Whittier International Calendar 2021-2022 - New.pdf
The district is offering optional summer learning activities which can be accessed at: https://docs.google.com/
Some Lifelong Learning Classes will be held at Whittier this summer - see more info here: https://lll.bvsd.org/kids-classes/lll-kids-classes
PTA is Hosting School Play Dates this Summer
Please bring your own food, snacks, beverages & picnic supplies. Parents must stay and supervise their children.
• Saturday June 26th starting at 2pm: Foothills Community Park
• Sunday July 18th starting at 1pm: Scott Carpenter Park; Bring skates, bikes , rollerblades, skateboards & picnic gear
• Friday August 20th starting at 2:45pm: Whittier Playground
If you have any difficulty getting online, please call BVSD IT at 720.561.4357 and they can help to get you connected.
In alignment with the State and local health department orders, BVSD has updated its health and safety precautions for summer programming.
The second school built in Boulder, Whittier International was founded in 1882 and is situated in the heart of the city. Whittier is a neighborhood school with an international focus, serving students from more than 20 countries. As an authorized International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program school, Whittier incorporates the BVSD curriculum, state standards and an internationally recognized academic framework. “Inquiry” is a primary strategy used to integrate higher-order thinking, questioning and application of content knowledge through science and social studies. In addition, students in K-5 are introduced to Spanish as a world language.